Eβδομάδα 5: "I want to be a verb!"

Only spoke to Kaylee for a short time this morning. She was off to play soccer in the mud with the German missionaries who are leaving next week. She said her tennis shoes were just starting to look normal...

“Θέλω να είμαι ένα ρήμα!” … I want to be a verb!! One of Pascuzzo’s frequently used phrases! We were trying to figure out what our name tags will be in Greece… since they have to break the tags we wear in the MTC since our names are in English… and since our names are all in caps Pascuzzo wants an omega (Ω) at the end of his name cus it looks cooler than an omicron (Ο), but our teacher says he can’t have an omega or his name would be a verb… sooo whenever we talk about our greek names you know what’ll he’ll say haha (;

I forgot the English word for Δάσκαλος (teacher) at one point this week, it was REALLY WEIRD. Same with ευχαριστώ (thanks) and συγνώμη (sorry)! I think that’s its good thing??

TUESDAY 3.12.19
Good old pdays! Another 8 am temple session to start of the day! It was raining again but a group of us still went into town and got some more yummy England chocolate (;

WEDNESDAY 3.13.19
Oh how I love Elder Pascuzzo haha, “sheet”, “bottle”, “beach” have been a bit tricky for him to say with his Italian accent but it’s a work in progress!! Choir practice went pretty alright, I’m accompanying the men’s choir and they’re signing peace in Christ on Sunday, GREAT song, might need some more practice tho haha (: found out that here people pronouncing guacamole like “quack-amole” with a “g”. Pretty funny. Elder Hirst from the Area 70 came a spoke to us! He reminded us that the adversary doesn’t want what we have, he just doesn’t want us to have it. It was a really good message. 

THURSDAY 3.14.19
I got the Easter package! THANK YOUUU! My district especially appreciated the pop rocks and robin eggs! Still not a fan of peeps lol but other missionaries and my teachers loved em! We can’t script our out lessons in Greek anymore, sooo yeahhh. Not a huge fan, but it pushes us a lot more to know our Greek! I sliced my finger on the metal fence playing fútbol and it was kinda dripping blood, glad I got that tetanus shot back in August or I might have had to one.

FRIDAY 3.15.19
No lessons to give today so it was a little less stressful. I find myself wishing I could just give English lessons because I love teaching! But then I keep telling myself that I was assigned to teach in Greek for a reason! Fun thing to say in Greek… έτσι  κ’έτσι (pronounced *etsee ketsee*)! It means “so-so”

SATURDAY 3.16.19
Each of us in our district prepped a 2 minute talk in Greek on a random assigned subject and it was so funny, topics included: animals, traveling, clothes, food, and music! Then we convinced Δάσκαλος Scharff to speak about the neurology of a fish in Greek so he drew Nemo up on the board and even though we didn’t understand everything he was explaining to us, it was the funniest thing ever. 

SUNDAY 3.17.18
The only song we sing in our district is “Called to serve” now haha, it is WAY fun to sing in Greek! Our song book only has 60 something songs total including 10 primary songs… so we don’t have a ton of options always. So we were really excited when αδελφό Scharff printed that off for us. We watched more older but awesome Provo mtc devos, this time from Bednar! He talked about the line of scripture “power of His word in us”. The “word” is Christ and His gospel. And when we “hold fast unto it” and “plant this word into our heart…it will become a tree in you”. Our ultimate goal is to have His will become OUR will. Pascuzzo saw the pic of my sisters and I from Leavenworth and goes “please tell me this is your face photoshopped 3 more times” lol, he thought we all looked the same! 

MONDAY 3.18.19
Went to Manchester to street contact again!! Had a few really good gospel discussions with people! It was raining at the beginning tho, and a bit cold but worth it! We taught 2 lessons in Greek with no notes and they both went really well! Baptism is our goal for the next lesson!! Everyone thought the BC names Grandpa and Grandma Chan sent for us to do are so cool! They’d never seen any so old! All the elders and sister claimed them pretty quick so ill need more again haha. I’ll be going through an endowment session for ancestor from 989BC tomorrow! 

Hope you have a great week! Thanks for all the messages! 
LOVE YOU GUYS! 

Love,
Sister Gale ;)

Pics!
1. Thanks for the package!
2. McDs run after the temple today!
3. Checking out Chorley!
4. Days are longggggg but so good






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNTDOWN

I MADE IT!!

Εβδομάδα 14: dried watermelon and promising investigators (;