Εβδομάδα 17: Filipinos, Elder Cook, and Burger Fest!

HEY ALL!

Out for 4 months already?! Crazy to think about honestly. The work here in Thessaloniki is hard to say the least, but I'm still loving being a missionary and serving the people here!

Strengthening our members was basically what our week consisted of! We got to visit with a lot of our recent converts as well as the 2 families, less-active and active, in our branch. I remember back home how much I loved having the missionaries over to my home and I'm so grateful to feel that same loving welcome whenever we visit our members! 

Greek 101 for the week! Φιλάκια (fí-lak-ía), directly means "kisses". Basically everyone says it when saying bye to someone. But a very closely pronounced word, Φυλακή (fí-lak-í), means "prison" haha. It's funny how close some words are, but can be polar opposites 😂

Elder Cook was in Athens! He held a special meeting with the missionaries in our mission! It was so cool, an actual apostle of the Lord giving us a private message! In the very end of his address to us, he bore his testimony and it was so powerful. If there's one thing he said that I will never forget it's, "I know His face and I know His voice." I am so grateful to have a living prophet and apostles on the earth today to lead and guide this church! 

We did lots of finding this week too. Language class finding as well as just normal investigator finding. There were a group of Filipino ladies that came through and if there was anytime I'd say I was totally jealous of my cousin James in the Philippines right now it was then Haha. They were the sweetest ever and so cute! I told them I knew one thing in Tagalog and said "Mahal ki ta" and they were quick to hush me and say in their VERY quick English, "no no no you can't say that to anyone!". And I just laughed and asked why and they said "you can only say that to your boyfriend! Because it means I love you!" I clarified with them that my cousin had said that to me and that calmed their worried minds haha. And then they told us they remember the "Mormon missionaries" from the Philippines and they were always very nice people. Then it turned out that one of the ladies had met the missionaries here and wanted to meet with them but she was always so busy, so we're trying to keep in touch with her now! They asked if they could take a pic with the "Mormons" since they had some with other missionaries and then that night we saw those pics pop of on her Facebook page, I love Filipinos. 😂

Sister Smith, a former missionary here, came back to Thess to visit! We had lots of fun doing finding with her and going to a burger fest!

Oh yeah, we also ran outta Greek Books of Mormon Haha, we're gonna have to wait till our STLs from Athens bring some more lol. We've been handing out so many lately, hoping some more investigators come from those, or if anything just planting seeds for later 😉

Think that bout sums it all up, till next week! Love you guys!

Love,
Sister Gale

PICS!!
1-4. PDAY FUNNN AT ΆΓΙΟΣ ΔΗΜΉΤΡΙΟΣ *AGIOS DIMITRIOS*!
5. Filipinos and finding!
6. Burger Fest!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNTDOWN

I MADE IT!!

Εβδομάδα 14: dried watermelon and promising investigators (;