Εβδομάδα 21: CYPRUS HERE I COME! Out with the greenie days!

WHATS UP EVERYONE?!
Sooo I'm getting transferred to CYPRUS!☀️ My new area will be in Λάρνακα (Larnaca), aka the closest area in any mission to the HOLY LAND JERUSALEM! Crazyyyy. Transfer calls were Friday night, my very 1st one! Sister Merkel did NOT want to leave Thessaloniki, and I was really worried about taking over the area so President Anderson is quite an inspired man Haha. 😉 Being the procrastinator I am, I've got a LOT of packing to do tonight because I fly out tomorrow! Also, I finished my training and am no longer a greenie, whoop whoop! 😎
We had the greatest week! And basically visited all the branch members, less-actives, and investigators we have had since I've gotten here because I knew I would be leaving since last Friday just not sure where. Little sad, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back in Thess at one point in my mish. The Stillos sisters, Ειρήνη and Γεωργία, took us up to the roof before I left to get a real look of the city, Greece sure is beautiful! And I found an Acai bowl when we had a lesson with Graciella! Not sure if it topped Hawaii's ones my mom always got, but still, yummmmy!
2 elders "died" in our district...aka finished their mish for all who aren't familiar with mission slang. Elder Albertson and Elder Balser, they are great missionaries and it'll definitely be weird without them anymore. Little update on our mish stats: with their group going home there are now only 29 missionaries between Greece and Cyprus, so small!! But we're all like family so that's the best part. GAM FAM strong (Greece Athens Mission)!
The missionaries threw together a little 4th of July party since 4 outta the 5 of us are from the U.S.! 🎆🤩 Basically just went all red, white, and blue and did the classic BBQ on a very low key but everyone seemed to have a fun time, we got 7 friends to come which is SO GOOD! Introduced the water balloon toss which was a hit! Oh yeah, also... the watermelons here, another level of delicious wow. Got a 12 kg one and boy did that not last us long enough 😍
Thought of the week comes from our district meeting discussion!
Each of us are converted to the gospel through different ways whether it be through love, doctrine, etc. As we continue to BE the message, stand as a witness of Christ at all times, we can allow those we come in contact with to have a more positive view of the church than when we first met them. It's important to be others friend first because really, no one will care how much you know, until they know how much you care. And ultimately, everyone has their agency and can't be forced into the gospel. Yeah baptisms are great and amazing, but it's not about the numbers at all. Baptism is a step towards the end, but it's not the end goal, exaltation is. Heavenly Father won't let His sheep get lost, and it's important to trust that He will always find a way for all those who choose to come unto Him.
I'll leave y'all with that thought! 😇
Thanks for all the emails and messages! Sorry if I didn't get back to you, I try my best! I miss and love you guys! Hope ya have a fantastic week!
Next email will be comin' to ya from Cyprus ;)
Love,
Sister Gale

Ps. For all those who wanted to see the video my comp and I made for the Greek FB page!! ITS FINISHED! 

CHECK IT OUT HERE!
https://www.facebook.com/709990925689308/posts/2476584269029956/

PICS!
1. Elders A & B "died" this week, sad day, they're awesome!
2. My Russian grandma here, Μιλένα!
3. Made sure we represented the US on the 4th, Sis Merkel loves having an American comp haha
4. Little Θεσσαλονίκη branch! Saying bye to my training area :,(
5-6. Found an Acai bowl! Just so my mama can be a little jealous Haha ;)
7-8. Messing around with ukelele with Irini!
9. Up on the rooftops with the Stillos sisters!










.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNTDOWN

I MADE IT!!

Εβδομάδα 14: dried watermelon and promising investigators (;