Εβδομάδα 58: SECRET WEAPON

Not much too new on my side of the world. We're still quarantined so I'm not sure how exciting it can get. 

Quote of the week from the one and only Jhoe!
"Much better always pray to god every time. This is the secret weapon to protect the virus always pray to god." He's pretty sad missionaries in the Philippines are being sent home and hopes it will be a quick temporary thing so he can meet the elders helping to teach him! I sure hope he can too! I'm really grateful he is so interested in learning literally all the time! Basically every night we are in some sorta spiritual discussion and I enjoy helping him recognize truth. He tries to read the book of Mormon 30 mins a day now, how amazing?!

Well we've been moving into our new apartment! It's the senior couples old apartment and super nice. We're blessed.

On Tuesday I was on the phone outside and then Sister Ahlström popped her head out the window and said very sternly, "Sister Gale I need you to hang up that call right now, come inside, don't ask any questions, and help me." Ummmm okayyy?? Very confused I go inside to find our entire apartment flooded. Completely and 100% layered with water. I go to ask what happened and was quickly silenced. Then given a squeegee (like the ones we'd use on the tennis courts) and told to start squeegeeing the place. But I wasn't just gonna be ordered around without at least being told what happened. It turns out that while I was on the phone Sister Ahlström had showered (take note she takes very long showers) without removing the drain cover and the excess water, that couldn't be contained in the walls of the bathroom, all flowed under the door and into the rest of our apartment. At this point I was just laughing it all off because I thought it was funny and just glad I wasn't the one to make that mistake. Never pictured myself doing this on a mission. So yeah, had a little accidental pool party here I guess ya coulda call it.

We had our 1st ever mission wide zone conference since all of our 5 countries borders are shut down so President Anderson can't fly around like usual. We DROVE over to the elders apartment for it because each district was asked to be together. Yes... driving in Greece. Since the senior couples have peaced out they left the car and we get to use it occasionally. I love driving... when it's NOT in Greece. Roads here and just crazy. Anyways, back to zone conference. I like the reminder we find in Mosiah 5:15 that, "...ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen."

I know God knew what was going to happen right now and He's got His team in place. It is so amazing to be a set apart as a missionary right now, to be a full time servant of the Lord, even tho it is really hard and trying a lot of times. Also love the peace in the words found in 2 Kings 6:16 to, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." The Lord's army is so much stronger than anything else in this world, we need to keep that in mind. We have God with us and that's more than enough. 

President Anderson also addressed what was going on with the missionaries throughout the world right now, particularly about the Philippines and Africa missionaries being sent home. When I found out about this news my heart just hurt for them, especially because I've got family and friends directly affected and I couldn't imagine. President told us that, "that is not our program... right now. Our borders are closed, your airports don't fly but we are still here". We are still unsure what all is happening but we work under the direction and instruction of the Lord through his chosen disciples. I have seen so many missionaries I love, senior couples, missionaries here, near and far, all return home around me and it just is instilled in me the fact that we are CALLED TO SERVE. Yes our assignment have a huge impact on us and we easily fall love with our areas and the people we serve but our assignments may change, including mine still, but we are called to the work. He has not released us and we are still in the service.

On another note, President Pane (a branch president in Albania) also had a moment to speak to us during zone conference and was reminding all the elders to "not grow a BIRD"... huh??? We listened in carefully as he was repeating the word and just holding in our laughter realizing he was meaning "beard" but with his heavy Albanian/Greek/English accent, the word wouldn't come out right and he was clearly saying "bird" intead. Haha. Struggles of being tri-lingual lol! I can't relate...

I think I listen to an average of 4-6ish hrs of general conference a day... how much is too much???! I think by the end of our quarantine I'm gonna be finished with the gospel library app haha. But it's all spiritually goodness so I guess it's not bad.

We got our friend Tony hooked up with Urdu speaking Elders serving in Pakistan. So they've been a huge help in teaching Tony and answering his questions. One day we had a 2 hour, way too long, lesson all together. Listening to other language is really weird honestly. When I heard other thing but Greek or English I am just grateful I'm not learning other lingo haha. So we try contributing to Tony's lessons but there's nothing better than being taught in your native tongue, especially with such important concepts! He is really interested and loves studying the Book of Mormon and sharing what he learns and asking loads of questions.

The sun never sets on righteous missionaries testifying of the Savior. Thinking of the spiritual power of 65,000+ missionaries, endowed with the Spirit of the Lord, is just insane.

Fresh Courage Take, Our God will never Us Forsake! Love you all, stay safe!

Love,
Αδελφή Γκεϊλ

PICS!
1 sneak of Greece

2-3 new whip n mid zone conf lunch break 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNTDOWN

Εβδομάδα 14: dried watermelon and promising investigators (;

Eβδομάδα 5: "I want to be a verb!"