Εβδομάδα 61: IT SPEAKS GREEK??!

So the week went a lil like this... not too much of an update really

I love reading the Book of Mormon with Jhoe and hearing his insights. I'm really grateful that his heart is being touched by the constant Spirit that is brought every time we study! Saturday and Sunday night we were reading and discussing Moroni 7 together. Jhoe was explaining to me how Lucifer is trying to be happy by spreading the pandemic, but if you have God you will be okay because good always wins over evil. Another great things he said was that if needed to go to war then he would bring the Bible and the Book of Mormon, while others would carry swords or knives as weapons, because he is always stronger with God on his side! We always end up having double opening and closing prayers, 1 in Bisaya and then he requests one in Greek haha. He told me "it doesnt matter what language it's in because the spirit will always speak to my heart the message of prayer". He's doing great and I can see his testimony growing! Funny thing was during one of the calls he wasnt wearing pants lol. I asked if he had his Book of Mormon with him to read and he said yes, stood up to get it, and BAM... colorful boxers haha... AWKWARD! I still wonder if he didn't realize everything could be seen on his end of the camera or if that's just normal for him haha. He's also started watching general conference and loves the Tabernacle choir. He asked me if I was going to sing it it after my mission and I told him probably not, so he goes, "oh because you are not old", that's exactly right Jhoe haha ;)

We were walking home another night and came across this cute German Shepard. I started talking English to it but got no reaction, but then it clicked that he understood Greek! So I switched languages and it listened right away. That was a really weird moment when I realized that but also, why wouldn't that makes sense?? It's a Greek pup!

We had an insightful district discussion on the necessity of living seers and revelators this week! I thought I'd share a little snippit of something I loved.

"The old world was destroyed for rejecting the revelations of God given to them through Noah. The Israelites were destroyed in the wilderness for despising the revelations given to them through Moses; and Christ said that the world, in the days of the Apostles, would be condemned for not receiving the word of God through them."

I wish everyone could realize the pattern here and recognize the importance of living apostles and prophets! When ya think about it, people way back when didn't have the bible to try and live by, they had apostles and prophets to follow. So why would people nowadays find it surprising that we have them again?? Seems like the boot fits and it just makes sense. We NEED continuing revelation because our time is not the same as other generations. It seems as if the world always wants the "new stuff" (fashion, newest iphone, latest tech, etc.), but when it comes to religion they wanna stick with what they already got and are afraid to veer off their traditional paths. It's seems specifically applicable here because the Greek Orthodoxy claim they are original church and have never changed.

If there is anything I have more surely come to the knowledge and testimony of it would be this; I know He lives! He is light and life of the world! He is the literal Son of God, The Prince of Peace, The Savior of the world! He invites all men to follow Him. He can change you. He has changed me!

"The God of Creation, who breathed life into the universe, surely, has the power to breathe life into you. Surely, he can make of you the genuine, spiritual being of light and truth you desire to be." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Keeping it short and sweet this go around ;) hope you all have a fantastic week and find some creative ways to stay entertained! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Gale

PICS!
1-2 had some fun bloopers for a lil vid we were to take 
3 Sister Stillo being a dog whisperer 

4 study timeee





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNTDOWN

I MADE IT!!

Εβδομάδα 14: dried watermelon and promising investigators (;